#29

Inspiration (and throwback): I wrote these during a Habitat for Humanity trip to Chile in 2009 for a keepsake scrapbook project. Over the years, I've been repeatedly inspired to write haiku. I always gravitate towards it when I am feeling creatively stuck. Maybe it means something. I'm going to write 366 of them in 2020.

***

Romina
We put together:
Time capsule for Romina.
She wished to keep it.

John-John
John's a great teacher.
He's like our second Maestro.
This line is missing.

Laurie
Laurie hammers well.
She broke hammer number two.
Girl is freaking strong.

Lesley
Lesley says, "hammers bite!"
But finished her chicken lunch.
Then rocked angled nails.

Juan
Juan's the best maestro,
Who does push-ups on his break.
He hiked with us too.

Angie
Angie is so sweet.
She loves us all but calls us:
Idiots, A-holes.

Belle
Belle has mad skills, yo!
Mixes cement really well.
The dog peed on it.

Carrie
Came and joined our team.
She likes working on our site.
Foosball makes her wild.