#25

Inspiration: This is a series of haiku I put together in class by cutting up the lyrics to "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go."

***

1
You send the gray skies.
But I should've been with you,
When you act so cruel.

2
Baby, I'm your fool.
Don't leave me hanging on like –
Something ain't right, yo.

3
Dancing, jitterbug –
I'm not planning on going.
We'll stay home instead.

4
Cuddle up, my soul.
Your lovin' starts bugging me.
Get outta my way.

5
You left me sleeping.
I was dreaming in my bed.
Where were you last night?

***

Reflection: This was SO much fun! It took a while for me to get started but once I decided I wanted to make haikus, the creativity started to flow. Perhaps I should do a 52 haiku challenge where I write a haiku a week in 2020? Or 365 haiku? Will I get bored with this? Will I get lazy with this? Only one way to find out...