#11

Inspiration: I wrote and shared the below piece in a Firefly Creative Writing class led by Jenna Tenn-Yuk at the Toronto Public Library. We were asked to respond to a series of writing prompts. We were then asked to share our responses to one of the prompts. I chose this one: "I'm taking this class because I need to..."

Timing:
I wrote and shared this reason during class on Wed Apr 24. I didn't make any changes before publishing on 52 Memoirs.

*** 

I’m taking this class because I need to find my voice and learn to express myself in a way that is vulnerable and healthy. I need to stop fearing judgment.

***

Reflection: It has been four months since I wrote the above response. While part of me still fears judgment, I think I am learning that there is more to life than worrying about what other people think of me. Not everyone is going to be agree with my decisions and I'm starting to truly understand in my core that it's ok to be myself.